Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Introduction

Hello! My name is Sylvia, and my project is about eating disorders. I will be specifically researching treatment methods of Anorexia Nervosa, asking local doctors for their opinions on what treatment method they found to be most efficient, i.e. inpatient therapy, anti-depressants and other medications, cognitive behavioral therapy. Towards the end of my project I will visit the inpatient treatment centers in Arizona, touring them to see the living conditions and briefly conversing with the doctors there about their professional opinion on inpatient therapy versus cognitive behavioral therapy. I will be staying local, only having a field-trip to Southern Arizona My in-school advisor is Karen Knappenberger, and she seems to be just as excited as I am to explore anorexia. I greatly look forward to meeting local doctors and exploring treatments of this deadly mental illness.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like it will be interesting! How many in-patient treatment centers do you plan on visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool project! I feel like mental disorders (of any type) don't get enough recognition and are sort of ignored. It's good to see it brought into the light. What inspired you to do your project on anorexia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After finally getting over an eating disorder I figured I might as well try to shed some light on them.

    ReplyDelete